Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Riding my bike to battle Crohn's Disease

In just over four weeks I while be joining a group of others in riding our bicycles from New York City to Saratoga Springs, New York to raise money and awareness for Chrohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. This is a very personal battle for me. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease the day before my wedding 15 years ago this August. Like most Crohn's patients, I've been hospitalized countless times including a three week stay in 2004 when I had 2 feet of intestines removed. In fact, the bicycle ride corresponds with the one year anniversary of my last hospitalization.

But I'm not just riding for me. I'm riding for all the people out there that can't ride. I'm riding in hopes that the money we raise will fund research to find a cure to these dibilitating diseases. Millions of people suffer every day with Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, two painful, unpredictable diseases of the digestive tract. Although forty years of research have brought us closer to a cure, most people with Crohn's and colitis still go day to day not knowing when their next hospital stay may be, or when they might miss two weeks of work or school, or their son's graduation, or their daughter's wedding, or even their own....

Please click the link below and donate now. Together we can help put an end to these terrible diseases!


http://www.ibdride.org/arwyatt

No comments: